Sunday, February 8, 2009

Week 9 Thing # 22 (ebooks and audio book)

I love audio books. They are a great to listen to on long trips. Audio books are also very useful with students who have difficulty reading. Allowing a student to follow along with a print book while listening to it gives them the chance to hear what the words they are looking at sound like.
Before this I had not had much experience with ebooks. Ebooks do not hold much appeal to me for pleasure reading, however, I can see the advantage of them in low budget schools or as text books. An etext book would allow students to have access to their text books anywhere there is an internet connection. There in point however lies the problem. The need for an internet connection. In rural towns one can not expect all students to have internet let alone a computer.

No comments: