Sunday, January 4, 2009

Week 6 Thing 14 (Technorati)

Technorati seems like it could be very helpful. I have found people blog about a lot of things including how to fix computer problems. A site like Technorati could be very helpful when looking for blogs about a specific topic. There is so much information on it, Technorati could easily become overwhelming if one is not use to filtering through information. Overall I like the way it is organized. I found Technorati to be fairly easy to use.
Tagging really is helpful in finding information. If the pictures on Flicker were not tagged how would one ever be able to find a picture of what they want. It would be nearly impossible. Same with on Technorati. If at least some blogs were not tagged then how could one find information. I'm sure there is some type of coding that can be done to send the "spiders" out to look all over for the search terms but that would take so much more time. Tagging defiantly makes searching quicker and easier.

No comments: